Our journey started when my son was 9 months old and got ill with recurring tonsillitis. We have been on and off antibiotics, tried grommets, and finally took out his tonsils in the hope that this would improve his general health. Unfortunately he just kept getting sick!! I tried a few ‘alternative’ options, but nothing worked!!
By the time he was about 3, close to 20 doses of antibiotics later, my daughter was born. I was at my wits end and did not see how I would cope with a constant sick toddler and a newborn. Then a friend told me about homeopathy and referred me to an excellent homeopath. She nurtured and coached me with her remedies and knowledge, but also iterated the fact that avoiding hormones, antibiotics and eating as clean and natural as possible is one of the best ways to stay healthy. I started to do more and more research and realized the effect of the above food choices on illnesses like cancer, auto immune disease, gut health etc.
We started to be more conscious of what we eat and after a few months, I could already see the difference in my son AND could not believe what a big difference it made in my daughter’s life by living this way since birth.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates
When the opportunity came to buy FREERANGERS, I saw this as a sign and grabbed it with both hands. We have a few trusted and long term suppliers, but we also constantly search for special suppliers who share the same beliefs and add value to what we offer you, our clients!
I can truly say that I love my job, I love the products that I offer, I love to help clients search for products that they couldn’t find elsewhere and what I love most is that I still learn more about healthy living every day from my clients!
I hope that being part of the FREERANGERS family, will bring you the same health and happiness that it brought us and thanks to everyone visiting our site and enjoying our products!
EAT GOOD, LIVE GOOD……..NATURALLY!!!!
Our beliefs and values
WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Our animals should be able to roam freely on large pastures for their entire life span.
- Our animals should be raised in a stress-free environment in the most natural way.
- Our animals should be raised free of routine antibiotics, hormones and growth promoters.
- Our animals should always have enough quality food, water and shade.
- Our animals should have at least 6 hours of continued darkness at night to get adequate rest.
- Our animals should not be locked in a feedlot or in man-made structures except at night or during adverse weather conditions to keep them safe.
- Our animals should be harvested humanely at a registered abattoir that is close to the farm.
- Our vegetables should be chemical pesticide free and free of commercial fertilizers.
- It is better to support local
Supporting family based businesses will help to improve the economy one small business at a time.
We do regular farm visits to ensure that our farmers comply with our beliefs and standards and we have built up long standing relationships with our suppliers to ensure trust and transparency.